Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Bonne Nouvelle Année

I could do a 2008 round up but it would be pretty pointless seeing as it will be pretty rubbish in comparison to all my friends so can I suggest you see:

www.directorsnotes.com

which is a lovely little website with a few of my friend's Best of 2008 Film lists. They're pretty much spot on and I can't argue with them so they've saved me a job there (I drink my milkshake)

And onwards and upwards. Some of the things that I'm looking forward to this year are:

Florence and the Machine
You've probably read about her around the place. She has been doing the weekend supplements rounds for a while now but unlike Lady GaGa you should actually bother to check her out. I also have a teensy girl crush on her. And Nicola from Girls Aloud. And Lindsay Lohan. It's their hair. Their firey red head red hair. *swoon* etc.

Wendy & Lucy
Touted as the most minimalist tragedy of the moment I have a burning desire to see this. I imagine it'll be shot a lot like Julian Donkey Boy (which I love but can't watch for fear of the tears). Who knew I'd be interested in a film about one woman and her dog.

The Wrestler
You must be dead if you don't know about this.

Slumdog Millionaire
See above.

Lily Allen - It's not me, it's you
I heart Lily Allen more than brightly coloured tights. Having heard some of the stuff she put up on MySpace I might even actually buy this.....or maybe not. In other news she wears the YSL Tribute II in her video for The Fear. I don't care for them much but there is a fuck long waiting list for that shit. Which means she really must be important.

La Roux
Quicksand is on the Kitsuné Maison 6 album. It's hideously catchy and I haven't been able to get it out of my head since November. What pleases me even more though is that she is supporting Lily Allen. It means a lot to me. 

JCVD
Heard about this today and the idea makes me want to piss myself. Briefly (and I quote) Jean Claude Van Damme tries to break down the 4th wall by playing himself, essentially a down and out actor who once had it all. I know. As if it couldn't get any better apparently there are imaginary montages where he breaks people's backs n stuff. Oh. And it's all in French.

Alexandra Burke's album
JOKES THOUGH

No comments: