Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Front


I know I promised a wedding related blogpost but I'm on my way home and I've stopped off in WH Smith and need to share.

This evening I purchased Vogue and Front. I buy Front for my boyfriend because I want to read it before he does. I find it witty, informative about bands I tend to like with a sprinkling of brilliant and equally awful tattoos. I buy Vogue because I covet clothes I cannot afford but I know will filter down to the High Street in around 6 months time - maybe quicker if one shops in Primark. (No Primark judgment btw. Just an observation)

I am unsure of whether I'm a feminist or not as it means different things to different people. What I do know I am is someone who wishes for the sexes to be equal. To me buying Front does not offend these sensibilities. Yes, there are naked women in it but they're not objectified as sluts like in some publications. They whack their tits out, answer some titillating questions (see what I did there?) and then the next page could be lifted from The Sunday Times tech page. Such is life. I don't bash Front for this because I find Cosmopolitan and More magazine so much more offensive...and lest we forget they're aimed at me, the one over here with the vagina. At least Front doesn't advise their readers what to wear to attract a hottie, followed by a spread on how to keep them happy in bed, followed by how to exact revenge when they dump you. Moreover, at least Front doesn't pretend to be something it's not. Summed up like that it's not as bad as it could be is it?

What's worse is a blogger recently commented on the vacuous nature of More and their staff retaliated by requesting their readers to cuss said blogger. Pathetic isn't it?

What wins at being pathetic though is the reaction I received from the Smith's man this evening. He appeared to find my purchases equally hilarious and something else which I am unsure of but ultimately it culminated in him tittering at me in a leering and lecherous manner that made me quite unsettled. As he brushed my palm to give me my change I nearly vomited in to the £1 pile of confectionary he was trying to flog along with my smut. This is not the first time this has happened either. So I say to you men of Smiths - it's for my boyfriend although I appreciate a good rack as much as the next person because I'm a lover, not a hater.




Oh and: I've got the Vikki Blows nautical issue MonsieurB. You know I can't resist a nautical theme.


-- Posted from my iPhone

Location:St Albans,United Kingdom

No comments: