Friday, June 03, 2011

Tatty Devine - I heart you


So MonsieurB has been working away for the last week and a half....which meant I had the whole of the bank holiday weekend to myself. "What shall I do?", I wondered. I came up with an array of ideas - I could sit in my pants and watch every Game of Thrones thus far (because it's actually brilliant), I could eat a tub of Ben & Jerry's out of the tub and not have to pass it backwards and forwards between me and the manfriend or I could do a Bored to Death marathon. I think you'll agree that not only was I thinking big but the world was my oyster as well.

Something I knew I would be doing though was checking out Tatty Devine's mega bank holiday sale. I went to their Brick Lane Christmas sale and basically picked up everyone's present for under £50. Happy people with lovely presents - more booze money for me. It was a win win.

But it's not Christmas so I decided it was time for me to shine. By buying myself more Tatty stuff. Because I don't have enough (I do, I really do. Even Lamptity tweeted I should exhibit more restraint). Logging on to Twitter I saw how this was going. Basically Tatty were ALL OVER social networking.

Have you ever left something behind in a shop only to regret it for ever after and whist you scour ebay like a mofo hoping it'll come up it never does. And you sigh over the one that got away? That was me with a massive zip necklace I found in the Christmas sale. It was a toss up between that and a necklace that looks like some teeth. I um-ed and ah-ed and even considered buying them both but Christmas is a season for giving and I just couldn't justify it. I plumped for the teeth (compliments constantly) but thought of the zip necklace every time I saw a zip (ie every day).

So I thought I'd hit Tatty up on Twitter and see if they still had one. Those cads weren't coming up with the goods immediately though. They had to have a look. Five mins after my request they tweeted they'd found one and it was up on the site for purchase. To say I had a mini fit is an understatement. In fact, I think you can see from the screenshot my delight at a massive piece of plastic being mine. My favourite bit though? Their reply. "Get in".

And it arrived yesterday and you can see what all the fuss was about right? Right? And like the good lady that I am it's only polite to tweet them to thank them. And what did those lovely ladies do? They followed me back on Twitter and then Follow Friday-ed me. It made my week. Because this week has been a shitty, shitty week. Nurofen Tension Headache tablets are my friend. But not this morning. Because stuff like that makes writing on the interwebs to maybe no one all worthwhile.

No comments: