Monday, July 25, 2011

I'll Be Your Mirror



Sometimes the best times you have are the ones that you don't plan. Whilst I toyed with the idea of going to I'll Be Your Mirror as MarBelle and MissDx would be there MonsieurB kindly reminded me that I am permabroke and that perhaps spunking my money up the wall on ridiculously good ATP events would be a bad idea.

Luckily a spare ticket was going around 2 weeks before which meant;

1: I got to go when I wasn't expecting to; and
2: I didn't have a really long wait til it arrived. Yay!

I am a knobber and didn't bring my camera as I couldn't find its case and I know if I brought it without one I'd end up breaking it. I. Just. Knew. So I'm afraid the best I could do is above.

We caught all of the Great Hall (standard). PJ Harvey and Portishead were amazing which is no surprise. It was the third time I've seen PJ and I think the first time I saw her remains the best. What's not to love about fluro pink stilettos and a Spice Girls t shirt (circa 5 years after their demise so no comeback tour here thank you).

Portishead were as epic as I imagined they would be. And whilst I always turned my nose up at Alexandra Palace as being massive it's not actually as big as I thought it would be.

Doom was mainly us spent saying, "Do you think it's really him under there or his mate cos he can't be bothered?". It was also before Doom that one of our number (a new person! I love new people! All the more so if they're cool as fuck which this lady was) got a text asking if Amy Winehouse was dead. Twitter and BBC News confirmed something we all immediately said, "Noooooo", to when Cat read out the text to us. This meant I also spent Doom in a semi state of disbelief.

Other highlights were BEAK> and The Books as well as Helen Money. All in all there were a lot of stringed instruments gwanning. And drunkenness. I didn't realise how drunk I was until I wolfed a chip butty (I never eat chips. Ever. Unless bollocksed) in about 7 seconds flat and when I took a step back from the shambles that was us telling a poor lady with a flip cam what we had enjoyed most about ATP. I can't even remember what I said to her. But what I would say now would be - hanging out with like minded people, having japes and slowly getting smashed set against a backdrop of brilliant music.

And tomorrow I'm off to an exhibition of animation - which isn't a very good description. You'll get a better one later in the week. Once I've been.

I know, I know, it sounds like I'm quite the girl about town with not a care in the world. It's not true though. I've spent most of today FREAKING THE FUCK OUT because I am going to a wedding on Saturday and decided to change my outfit yesterday. Then today everyone at work told me I can't wear a jumpsuit to a wedding. So basically I'm going naked. With a fascinator in my hair. And maybe some shoes. If I'm allowed to wear them and not breaking some UNWRITTEN WEDDING LAW that I have not even HEARD OF which means the girls at work scare THE SHIT out of me.

But I'm fine now. Really. No. Really.

*Freaks out - breathes heavily - hyperventilates - passes out*


No comments: