Monday, October 06, 2008

Enfant Terrible

Right. I know everyone hates on Tracey Emin but I really don't. Not at all. Which is why I really enjoyed this. Don't get me wrong, I hate Piers Morgan more than Parmesan and it didn't really tell me anything new at all and it'll prolly be gone tomorrow cos iPlayer is a bit rubbish like that but still, I like her. I like her a lot.

I don't profess to know anything about art. Mainly because I don't. But I do know what I like and I am allowed to have an opinion. I remember having an all out, full on, blow up with a St Martin's graduate who decided that my opinion wasn't worth shit and I know nothing because I didn't go to St Martin's. He will forever be in my book under 'Wanker'. No matter what he may do to try and right the terrible wrong that he probably isn't even aware he has committed.

Basically, if you haven't been subjected to the Emin Assault already I'll give you a brief overview - a bit like Stephen Hawkins history of time if you will. I like her because she is the Anti-Me. The thought of me advertising my personal life (and generally the lowest, most painful times) in such a way makes me want to be violently sick because it leaves one so completely vulnerable. But it seems she isn't afraid of that vulnerability and so I have a lot of respect for her due to that apparent lack of fear. I know that people can be polarised when it comes to her and some may regard her as egocentric and I can equally see where they are coming from. The difference is though, I won't tell them they're wrong to have that opinion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so utterly wrong to have that opinion!