Friday, April 10, 2009

Ce weekend, pour la plupart j'ai fait...


Although I am sad because today is the day that the Lord was killed, in other ways I am happy because it means that I get a 4 day weekend. Which is not something to be sniffed at. 

Today I have mostly deliberately avoided phone calls and text messages. This has been most productive as I have watched;

Let The Right One In;

Return to Oz;

Amelie; and

Ghost World (I totally want Enid's t shirt that she is wearing here. Even if I am reduced to some sort of piss poor attempt at drawing one on a t shirt myself. It will happen. As an aside I was once in the big Topshop changing rooms when some random walked up to me and told me that I reminded her of, "that girl in Ghost World". which is interesting. Mainly because I was on my own so she couldn't have heard me mocking everyone else and calling them a bunch of cunts. Unless my inner monologue wasn't inner that day. Which isn't unheard of) W-O-W that was a long bracket wasn't it?

I dl Let The Right One In back in January - because I am cutting edge - didn't actually get around to watching it til today. Must have got a bit blunt. Easily best film of 2009 so far and probably of the year. I know it was released in 2008 in the US so I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it is probably the best release of 2008 over there. Basically totally understated in a brilliant way. Shot beautifully but sparsely and I didn't flinch once at the goings on (and I am pretty squeamish - I looked away in the Dark Knight pencil scene and went, "Ooooooooooooh". involuntarily). If you haven't seen it don't mug yourself and go to the cinema and see it.  


I have also managed to gut my room totally and make it cleaner than it possibly has ever been with the exception of when my stuff was moved in for me whilst I languished in Gay Paris. I say languished. I had a whale of a time at the EU's expense. And for that I am forever grateful member states. In the words of Barack Obama when he accepted the nomination, "Thank you."

Anyway. I also found a place for the Wise Economical Owl. I won't go in to detail cos he's finding it a bit difficult but he has come to stay. Something about an impulse buy dinosaur and feeling undermined in the current economic climate. 

In all seriousness, I received this as a gift for my birthday from Pete and Jennie. I have reason to believe that it is all Jennie's handiwork and mighty fine handiwork it is too. She currently has a baby in her that Pete put there and the last I heard she was thinking of starting her own business. If she carries on making owl cushions I imagine I'll keep her afloat. 

Whilst I'm plugging home made handiwork I'm currently wearing my startrooper necklace that courtesy of pieandbelle. Check that shit out. Now. 

2 comments:

pieandbelle said...

ghost world, let the right one in, amelie and return to oz!! best day ever, film wise, i'd say!!

i think we may have made the same comparison of you and enid as topshop girl when we watched it but i think it was far more dialogue orientated rather than white girl with black hair and glasses orientated :-)

.... how cool is that owl cushion!!!!!

Miss Bladder said...

I won't lie. I was pretty pleased with myself. Damn I have good taste in films.

It is fucking brilliant. They got me an owl t shirt to match. I might make her make me some more because I hear having kids leaves you with loads of free time because they really aren't very demanding at all :-p