Sunday, January 03, 2010

Dimanche

I've never watched Mad Men but I do enjoy reading all about their attire in the programme. And how beautiful the red head is. Who got married in real life last week. She reminds me of Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas. I heart her.

I have had a pants crisis. I'm not going to go in to the ins and outs of the crisis but the upshot goes thusly:

I am a mentalist who loves pants so much that she orders them off the internets then has a wobbly because she doesn't get a confirmation email (did I mention it was late Christmas Eve afternoon) so goes and buys exactly the same thing from Selfridges THEN the confirmation email comes on the 28th December and I come home to find a package but luckily the internets had sent the WRONG size so now I am left with two sets of loveliness, one that fits and one that doesn't but I'm unsure as to whether to return the WRONG size to Selfridges even though that is where I bought the RIGHT size and the receipt has the SIZE on it but try and BLAG it anyway just in case they don't notice or send the WRONG size back to where it came from on the INTERNETS but have to also send back all the lovely PACKAGING.

I won't lie. It has been making me frown for about 24 hours now. And I was meant to go to Selfridges today to try and blag but when I got out of bed the following was so much more appealing:

Faffing around with importance
Getting importance out of the way and then literally spending HOURS looking on the internets at blogs I need to catch up with and tracking down lots of fun dresses. Also, finding that a lovely French person has linked me on their blog and I don't even know them in real life. Lovely stuff.
Realising I have spent HOURS on the internet so deciding I should do something else. Something else being installing myself in the living room for FOUR HOURS and watching the BBCs Pride and Prejudice. Then everyone else who wandered in got sucked in to the Pride and Prejudice vortex
Thinking that I should probably make some dinner and an epic roast is the only way forward. That and stuffing myself with the crunchiest roast potatoes ever.

And here I am. Still in my dressing gown (no lie) thinking about maybe getting myself ready for work tomorrow. I'm not sure how I'm going to cope with the 6am starts and 4 hours commute again but I'm sure I'll manage. The thought of afternoon tea on Saturday will keep me going I'm sure. That and pretty dresses.


No comments: