Sunday, June 01, 2008

C'est mon coeur. Sur ma manche.

Did you know back in the day there was this thing called a freggio which was a scar on a woman's face given to her by her lovers so others would find them unattractive? Weird. Then I thought about fat girls and feeders and decided it was basically the same thing. Fuck me I'm profound sometimes.

I also went to see the SATC movie this week. Yes. Mock me. I deserve it. If it makes you feel any better I came out of the cinema wanting to go and lie down in a dark room. For the rest of my life. There wasn't even that much pretty clothes in it. Total let down. I think what really annoyed me though was everyone else in the cinema...

***WARNING - HERE BE SPOILERS***

Basically everyone else was totally retarded (apart from my companions, obviously). I was particularly pissed off by the girl sitting beside me. For starters, she was obviously going for 'wacky Carrie elegance' but ended up coming off as 'bag lady that's just started going up in the world again'. Her handbag was particularly offensive. It got worse though. She fucking bawled the whole fucking way through. It started when Carrie got a stupidly big walk in wardrobe with lights and room for a pony. Yes. Cried like a child. Then she cried when Charlotte got pregnant. Then she cried when Samantha put on a bit of weight. However, when Miranda's marriage fell apart totally dry eyed. Nothing. Nada. Stone cold. Riiigghhhttt. It did make me wonder exactly how great a life she'd had if a really fucking big wardrobe that is built for a fictional character in a really bad film can bring her to tears. I was almost tempted to stop watching the film and pull out a pen and some paper and make a list of films that really make people cry, starting with Irreversible.

My intolerance also wasn't helped by the fact that I'd gone to Court that day and opposed some guy's Application to annul his bankruptcy and his Application had been dismissed. Yeah. I felt really good after that. I tried not to dwell on the fact that he was a nice man who was currently looking after his ill parents too much because I would have probably chucked myself in the river on the way back to the office.

So, having watched SATC and helped in the bankruptcy process and accidentally purchased another Tatty Devine necklace that is hideously over priced I decided that I was disgusted with myself and my material consumption of shit and vowed to not buy anything at all until next pay day apart from booze. That lasted 3 days. And I fell off the wagon badly. Really, really badly. I am now the proud owner of a really pretty colour swatch Tatty Devine bracelet. ARGH ARGH ARGH WHY? I think I might have to just never leave the house to avoid spending money. I'm also seriously considering asking IT if they can set up a block on my mac for TD that is as infallible as the one they've set up for FB. It's the only thing for it....

No comments: